PerTronix Brand of Ignition Products
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I change the length of the Ignitor™ wires?
- Can I mount the Flame-Thrower coil sideways or upside down?
- Can I run a MSD box or other CD unit with the Ignitor™ or Flame-Thrower Billet distributor ? How do I hook it up?
- Can I static time the Ignitor Ignition
- Does PerTronix make kits for unique or custom applications?
- How difficult is it to install an Ignitor™ conversion kit?
- How do I check my coils resistance?
- How do I properly check my power and grounds.
- How do I test a negative ground Ignitor module?
- How do I wire the Ignitor or Ignitor II ignition system to my Porsche CD ignition box?
- I can't find my application in your Catalog / Application Guide?
- Is the Ignitor™ a "universal" electronic ignition conversion?
- My tachometer is not functioning or is inaccurate after installing the Ignition system.
- Since I have installed the Ignitor™ the engine won’t start. What can I check?
- What applications are covered with the PerTronix Flame-Thrower™ coils?
- What is the warranty on PerTronix products.
- What should I gap the spark plugs to?
- What should the module air gap be?
- What type of applications can the Ignitor™ be used in?
- What type of gear is supplied on Flame-Thrower distributors.
- What type of spark plug wires can I use with your Ignition system
- What will happen if I leave the ignition switch on when the engine is not running?
- Will the Ignitor™ work with the shift interrupter on an OMC stern drive boat?